Executive Personal Assistant
Full Job Description
ROLE AND LOCATION:
Executive Personal Assistant
Full-time, 40 hours / week, Monday – Friday some Weekends. Chicago, Illinois, (Naperville) USA
Primary responsibilities will include ensuring the smooth running of the household, performing administrative and household tasks. Resume must identify relevant qualifications.
- ● Dry cleaning, shopping, deliveries.
- ● Shipping and tracking various packages; manage returns.
- ● Personal shopping as requested.
- ● Perform weekly walkthroughs using household checklists to identify action items.
- ● Schedule and work closely with building staff on various household vendors and contractors.
- ● Maintain a household vendor list. Build strong relationships with area vendors.
- ● Coordinate other household staff and assist with monthly schedules.
- ● Identify and oversee various household projects as needed.
- ● Keep an inventory of all household supplies (light bulbs, batteries, cleaning supplies), and restock as needed. Be mindful of expiration dates.
- ● Keep an inventory of personal items for principals, and restock as needed.
- ● Assist with inventory of all items in storage.
- ● Maintain an approved products list for home and personal items, including sourcing information.
- ● Shop for household items as needed.
- ● Secure residence at end of the day when needed – all doors locked, security system armed.
- ● Light household chores.
- ● Prepare home for occasional events. Coordinate with vendors for holiday decor (Halloween, Christmas).
- ● Respond to incoming calls and greet guests.
- ● Demonstrate excellent email etiquette, concise and accurate communications.
- ● Blind copy email messages to Principals. Maintain strictest confidences–never disclose Principals’ contact information.
- ● Track birthdays and other important dates.
- ● Purchase gifts, develop and maintain gift tracker, and review and audit receipts.
- ● Prepare and submit expense reports.
- ● Occasional wardrobe maintenance, i.e., schedule tailor, cobbler, etc.
- ● Work with travel concierge and accountant as needed.
- ● Plan and coordinate family activities and events.
- ● Assist with personal archival projects.
- ● Vault-like ability to maintain confidentiality and be ultra discreet.
- ● Graduate of a 4-year college or university preferred. Hospitality Management or Business Management Preferred.
- ● Typical: 10 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. work schedule, with the flexibility to work weekends and evenings.
- ● Strong work ethic, reliable, punctual, and honest. Practical and efficient.
- ● Technically savvy. Familiar with Google Suite and Microsoft Office. Resourceful in terms of internet search and online shopping.
- ● Comfortable with iPhone or Android, including texting, camera phone, and smartphone apps.
- ● Highly organized, meticulous, detail-oriented and thorough. Able to multitask and prioritize well.
- ● Positive attitude, team player, capable of working well with a vast array of high-quality vendors.
- ● Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- ● Personable and polite, with excellent people skills.
- ● Proactively identifies and resolves problems.
- ● Able to work independently, but takes direction well from Principals.
- ● Able to perform physical, hands-on tasks in order to assist the household and staff office to run well. Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- ● Flexible and able to accommodate spontaneous changes to routines and plans.
- ● Able to travel with Principals to assist.
- ● Long-term intent.
- ● Able to work legally in the United States, with a valid passport, driver’s license, and clean driving record.
- ● Able to travel with little notice. Registration with the US Global Entry Program a real plus.
- ● Able to withstand deep background, credit, and reference checks.
- ● Willing to take a pre-employment physical, psychological exam and drug screen.
Very nice salary, commensurate to experience. Potential benefits.