P/A – Butler – Houseman
Single woman in New York City is looking for a butler/ Personal Assistant/Houseman to assist her in her move to New York’s Upper East site.
This is a full-time position for the right person. Housing may be provided if the candidate is not living in the New York City area.
Duties: Dealing with the real estate agent, communicating with the decorator, overseeing outside contractors, facilitating the move, hiring and overseeing the housekeeper, organizing, errands, etc.
Family of 3 is looking for a full-time Housekeeper/Cook for their 6,500 square foot home in Williamsport, PA (North of Harrisburg, PA).
This is a new house but the family is laid back. Housekeeping, making beds, laundry, cooking meals (mostly dinner), errands, grocery shopping, taking cars in to be serviced, etc. The family does some entertaining.
This is a full-time /live-out position.
This position will pay from $60,00 to $75,000. With possible health benefits.
Miami, FL – Girl Friday
Single woman is looking for a full-time Personal Assistant/cook etc.
Duties: Pay bills, drive, secretarial work, make phone calls, some cooking, etc.
This is a live out position and would fit someone who is living in the Miami area.
Nice salary and possible benefits
Princeton, NJ – Couple position
DOMESTIC LIVE-ON COUPLE
Princeton, New Jersey
Family of 4 (Couple in their late 40’s and 2 boys ages 10 and 11).
- 7,000 square foot home that sits on about 2 acres in a nice neighborhood in the city of Princeton. There is also an 11,000 square 2nd home in Far Hills, NJ and a 3,400 square foot rental home about 45 min outside Princeton.
Outside contractors (landscapers, etc.)
DUTIES: The Couple is responsible, as a team, to ensure overall smooth operations of the residence. This position demands that you embrace technology and the systems in the home. Duties include:
- Menu planning with input from the home owner when they are in residence including meal preparation and service
- Hands on housekeeping functions in the residence including cleaning, laundry, ironing, food shopping and cooking (About 3 times a week).
- Occasional watching the children. (more like monitoring while the Mr. and Mrs. are out for the night.
- Care and management of the home including grounds maintenance and some gardening with the help from a lawn service
- Cleaning of windows, doors railings and outdoor furniture
- Keep tennis court blown off
- Power washing driveway and patios
- Knowledge of sprinkler systems
- Pool care
- Driving – airport pick-ups/drop offs and house related driving-shopping, errands etc. Occasionally you will drive Mr. M to New York city and back.
- Vehicle care – gas and wash cars prior to principals and family visits. Coordinate with principal regarding automobile problems and scheduling of service.
- Oversee all outside contractors and to form a relationship with them.
- Begin to create a household manual that will include telephone numbers, serial numbers, special codes, information on equipment and appliance .etc. In this manual you will create weekly, monthly, yearly, check lists.
- Other duties and errands as would complement the position or as requested by principal
- Related experience in a similar position with specific experience working as a couple in a private home setting. Strong housekeeping skills along with the ability to prioritize and adjust to fit the variable changing needs of the Principal
- Detail Oriented and Positive attitude
- Courteous, discreet, honest and responsible character
- No smoking or heavy drinking
- No pets
- Good credit standing and valid driver’s license
- Appropriate attire but no uniforms required
HOURS OF SERVICE
- This is a Monday through Friday position with weekends off. There will be evening and weekend expectation with regards to social functions and other events.
COMPENSATION AND TERMS
- Salary commensurate with experience, in line with current trends in the profession and salary history of the candidates
- There will be a Health insurance stipend
- Accommodations – free board in a 1/2-bedroom apartment on property. Principles pay all utilities
- Two weeks’ vacation at the mutual convenience of both parties
Arizona/Minnesota – Butler /Houseman
Couple (He young 70’s and she in her 50’s) is looking for a Butler for their 30,000 square foot home in Detroit Lakes, MN (6 months) and 10,000 square foot home in Scottsdale, AZ(6 months).
Develop a relationship with Owner/Principal – one that is mutually trusting and
Qualifications and Character Sketch
The candidate will be motivated, professional, honest, energetic, discrete, possess a high
degree of integrity and responsible character. The candidate must be articulate and
possess the ability to listen, read and speak effectively. This position requires an
individual with a manner of self-confidence and an ability to find solutions. Maintaining
a positive can-do attitude and anticipating needs of the Owner and of the household is
The tone and tenor of the relationship will be relaxed and friendly with appropriate
professional boundaries. Related experience and expertise in similar position or relevant
training is desirable; a great service attitude is mandatory. Individuals must be wellgroomed
and physically able to perform the duties of the position.
Abilities Essential to Job Performance
Strong work ethic, honest and trustworthy.
Confidentiality and privacy of principals and household.
Ability to be resourceful.
Good stamina for long days.
Highly organized with the ability to understand prioritization of workload and
ability to meet deadlines.
Must possess the ability to manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities,
and adapt to frequent interruption, changing conditions and work assignments.
A quick, informed mind and the ability to retain details and information in order
to be proactive to and accommodate the Owner’s needs. The ability to follow
instructions when given, and as importantly possess the initiative to anticipate
needs and follow tasks through to completion in a very timely manner.
Proficiency in basic to intermediate administrative functions. A working
knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Strong attention to detail and an eye to see the big picture.
Maintain a degree of flexibility in duties relating to entire household.
Strong interpersonal skills and natural leadership including an ability to relate to
co-workers, inspire others and resolve potential conflict with a positive outcome.
Experience and knowledge of wine and spirits is essential.
Pet-friendly demeanor is preferred as pets accompany visitors on occasion.
Perform administrative tasks as assigned.
Answer telephones, provide messages to Owner.
Coordination of newspapers, mail, and Fed Ex shipments.
Appointment scheduling as directed by Owner.
Liaison with corporate office staff, aircraft personnel and family members.
Maintain fully stocked bars in all houses.
Maintain spreadsheet inventory of wine cellars.
Serving of meals. May include occasional light meal preparation and/or plating of
hors d’oeuvres for small functions.
Assist with planning and organizing parties/events in the residences.
Chauffeuring of guests to and from airport or other destinations.
Assist with maintaining wardrobe and travel preparation.
Perform light housekeeping duties/Assist housekeeper(s) with daily graces.
Perform wardrobe maintenance, including pressing & steaming of garments as
Perform laundering and maintenance of household table linens as needed.
Detail all automobiles – detailed instructions provided.
Detail all water vehicles (boats, jet skis, etc.) at Minnesota residence – detailed
instructions provided. This includes the entire dock area as well.
Maintain all outside furniture and outside bars/cooking centers.
Maintain patio areas, sweeping, powerwashing, cleaning as necessary.
Maintain all garages. Vacuum, sweep, wash or mop.
Clean debris from pools at Arizona residence as necessary.
Maintain indoor/outdoor light fixtures at Arizona residence, cleaning and
replacing bulbs when needed.
Shopping and various errands as necessary.
Using a proactive approach, explore indoor and outdoor grounds, taking notation
of maintenance and repair that is necessary. Share your findings with the
Director of Residential Properties for direction and resolution.
Coordinate maintenance and upkeep of properties as directed by Owner and the
Director of Residential Properties. Schedule contractors and repair personnel as
This position demands a flexible schedule as additional days and hours will be required
during the summer months. It is important to remain a team player and work cohesively
with other staff members.
This position requires the flexibility to live in both Minnesota (live on-property) and
Arizona (live-out) for 6-month periods each year (stipend given). There is a health insurance plan and 401K.
Recovery Coach/Companion/Case Manager
The Robert Hanselman Domestic Agency is pleased to announce it’s sister company The In-House-Group.com.
We are looking for Recovery Specialist / Recovery Coaches/Recovery Companions and Case Managers to work “in the home” of clients that are choosing to recover from their addictions in the privacy of their own homes.
Please visit our new website and take a look at what we are all about. If you have experience working in a home and are looking for work in between positions this may to a great alternative for you.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to call us 404-600-5201. We will be happy to talk about our new project with you.